It is a four-year, 120 credit hours bachelor degree program in management in line with the international standards of bachelor degree programs in business and management.
• It emphasizes the importance of concentration/ specialization on functional areas (about 10 percent of total coursework) to enable BBA graduates face effectively and efficiently the complexities of a particular functional area.
• It offers a wide range of concentration and elective courses to match students’ individual interests with the demand of employment market. With proper academic and course planning, students can take advantages of specialization on two functional areas of management within the same time period.
• It provides students with an opportunity for learning, gaining exposure and networking through its Internship program.
• It provides students with an opportunity to make an in-depth Directed Study in the areas/subjects of their choice.
After successful completion of the four-year program, a BBA graduate is expected to be one or all of the followings:
1. A suitable candidate with a sound academic background, competence, confidence, skills, attitude and motivation for further study in the area of management, information systems, economics and other similar programs
2. An entrepreneur who can start-up a business and manage it in today’s competitive business environment
3. A professional who will be able to successfully work at an entry level in corporate houses and other social organizations with required knowledge, competence, confidence, skills, and responsibility.
• Knowledge and understanding of contemporary concepts, tools and techniques of management;
• Knowledge of broader environment in which she/he lives and works, and dynamic interactions between the individual, organization, and the world;
• Critical and creative thinking and sound analytical and problem-solving abilities;
• Inter-personal and team-building skills essential for personal, professional and social life.
• Sound, relevant and latest IT skills which enhances individual and organizational productivity;
• An appropriate mix of competence, confidence, skills, ambition, motivation, responsibility, accountability, and high standard of professional and ethical values which significantly contribute for further growth in her/his study and career.
The BBA program aims to attract and serve the needs of candidates who are competent and motivated to excel in their study and career. Specifically, potential intakes for the BBA program are those who have successfully completed 10+2 or any other equivalent degree in any discipline with aggregate of 50 percent of total marks or an equivalent CGPA.
The BBA program accepts the credit transfer of the students studying similar program in other college/university only by getting the prior written approval from the Dean’s Office at Kathmandu University School of Management.