Bachelors in Business Information System
Information and its management are at the heart of every business today. The BBIS is a program whereby information management and business disciplines are integrated and with the development in information systems and technologies, the students will be positioned for new career opportunities. The objective of the BBIS program is to prepare students to become competent, skilled, confident and socially responsive management professionals with a sound knowledge, abilities and skills in information system. The program helps students learn how to use and manage information technologies to revitalize business process, conduct electronic commerce, improve business-decision making, and gain competitive advantage in today’s global market as well-bred independent managers of people and resources.
BBIS is an eight semester academic program spread through four continuous years. It is an integration form of business disciplines with information management to provide the sound knowledge of information systems technology. It has a total of 120 credit hours with 3 credit hours per subject. The foundation courses carries 42 credits, core management courses carries 45 credits, concentration courses carries 24 credits, elective course carries 6 credits and research project during eighth semester will earn 3 credits with a minimum period of six weeks. It is designed by blending the domain knowledge of the information systems and information technology with that of business and management. Such integrated program has been offered to address the demands of rapidly changing information technology (IT) driven business environment. The concentration courses are from the area of Information System. The students need to choose the courses equivalent to 24 credit hours from the concentration area.
The main objective of the BBIS Program is to prepare students to become competent, skilled, confident and socially responsive management professionals with a sound knowledge, abilities and skills in information systems. More specifically, the program aims to:
- provide students with a better and broader perspective of the world, society, business, information systems, and life by combining the study of management, information systems and information technology with the study of social sciences and humanities;
- develop a habit of critical and creative thinking in students;
- develop analytical and problem solving abilities in students;
- improve communicative and presentation skills of students;
- familiarize students with contemporary concepts, tools and techniques of management;
- deepen the knowledge and sharpen the expertise of students in the functional area of information systems;
- prepare students as sensible and responsive citizens with a high degree of professional, social and ethical values; and
- prepare students for higher studies (Masters’ level programs) in the areas of management and information systems.
Key Features of the BBIS Program
- It is a four-year, 120 credit hours bachelor degree program in line with the international standards of bachelor degree programs in business information systems.
- It offers a range of elective courses to match students’ individual interests with the demand of employment market.
- It provides students with an opportunity for learning, gaining exposure and networking through its Internship program.
- It provides students with an opportunity to make in-depth Directed Study in the areas/subjects of their choice.
The BBIS program aims to attract and serve the needs of candidates who are competent and motivated to excel in their study and career particularly in the area of information systems and information technology. Specifically, potential intakes for the BBIS program are those who have successfully completed 10+2 or any other equivalent degree in any discipline with aggregate of 50% of total marks or an equivalent CGPA.