Bachelors in Business Administration
The BBA program aims to develop candidates that possess administrative skills, analytical skills, problem-solving tools and the professionalism required to run an organization effectively and efficiently in the corporate world. The program is designed to give a broad knowledge in the functional areas of the company and their interconnections. The program exposes students to a variety of “core subjects” and allows students to specialize in a specific area of management. The degree also develops the student’s practical managerial skills, communication skills and business decision-making capability. The program incorporates academic and practical experience, in the form of case projects, presentations, internships, industrial visits, and interaction with experts from the industry. This program develops executives and managers who not only carry out and implement policies and plans made by top level management but also be involved in decision making. The program encourages the students to become entrepreneurs and job creators.
BBA is an eight semester academic program spread through four continuous years. It is a business orientation program designed to create business managers and entrepreneurs. It has a total of 120 credit hours with 3 credit hours per subject. The foundation courses carries 45 credits, core management courses carries 48 credits, concentration courses carries 12 credits, elective course carries 12 credits and internship during eighth semester will earn 3 credits with a minimum period of six weeks. It is designed to provide students with a better and broader perspective of the world, society, business, and life by combining the study of social sciences and humanities with the study of business and management. The concentration courses are in the area of Finance, Marketing, Accounting, and Management Information System. The students need to choose any four courses equivalent to 12 credit hours from any of the concentration stream.
The main objective of the BBA Program is to prepare students to become competent, skilled, confident, and socially responsive professionals who can effectively support managerial, entrepreneurial and leadership roles in business and social organizations in today’s competitive environment. More specifically, the program aims to:
- develop a habit of critical and creative thinking in students;
- develop analytical and problem solving abilities in students;
- improve communicative and presentation skills of students;
- familiarize students with contemporary concepts, tools and techniques of
- deepen the knowledge and sharpen the expertise of students in a given functional area;
- prepare students as sensible and responsive citizens with a high degree of professional, social and ethical values; and
- prepare students for higher studies (Masters’ level programs) in management, information systems, economics, and other relevant areas.
Key Features of the BBA Program
- It is a four-year, 120 credit hours bachelor degree program in management in line with the international standards of bachelor degree programs in business and management.
- It emphasizes the importance of concentration/specialization on functional areas (about 10 percent of total course work) to enable BBA graduates face effectively and efficiently the complexities of a particular functional area.
- It offers a wide range of concentration and elective courses to match students’ individual interests with the demand of employment market. With proper academic and course planning, students can take advantages of specialization on two functional areas of management within the same time period.
- It provides students with an opportunity for learning, gaining exposure and networking through its Internship program.
- It provides students with an opportunity to make an in-depth Directed Study in the areas/subjects of their choice.
The BBA program aims to attract and serve the needs of candidates who are competent and motivated to excel in their study and career. Specifically, potential intakes for the BBA program are those who have successfully completed 10+2 or any other equivalent degree in any discipline with aggregate of 50 percent of total marks or an equivalent CGPA.